If you have a heart to serve people from hard places, you can make a difference at the Bonner Gospel Mission. BGM employees and volunteers do meaningful work in a supportive team for an eternal purpose. Those who join our staff can enjoy a rewarding small-town work environment and competitive wages.
Since 1987 BGM has serving the local community as a 501 (C)(3) non-profit biblically-based shelter for 12 men who are in need. We are committed to the absolute final authority of the Bible in ministering to the needs of men, with the primary purpose to see God move and save their souls. Our second purpose is to help meet the basic natural needs such as food, shelter, and clothing.
BGM considers every staff position to be one of ministry, and a vital and valued part of our team. Therefore, it is essential that all employees of BGM have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and subscribe to our Statement of Faith and core values. Additionally, the executive director must be willing to lead and/or participate in Bible study, prayer, devotions and sharing the Gospel. He must comply with a drug-free, tobacco-free, and alcohol-free policy.
Interim Executive Director
The Bonner Gospel Mission, Inc. is an outreach to men who are in need. We have been serving this community for 30 plus years.
The primary purpose of this mission is to see God move and save the souls of those coming in here. We believe and uphold the “Good News” (Gospel) that Jesus Christ died to free all who will receive His gracious pardon and have eternal life with God! Our second purpose is to help meet the natural needs of those men coming into the Bonner Gospel Mission by proving to them food, shelter, and clothing.
This mission is in the City of Ponderay in Bonner County, Idaho, which is located in the northern panhandle of Idaho in a land of magnificent lakes, mountains, forests and vibrant communities. The seat of county government is Sandpoint, which is 2 miles south of Ponderay, but we serve residents from Clark Fork near our eastern border, to Priest River and Oldtown to our western border.
The Executive Director serves as chief executive of The Bonner Gospel Mission, Inc and, in collaboration with the Board, is responsible for sharing the gospel with any potential guest which is the first directive of God for the success of the mission. Together, the Board and Executive Director assure the Bonner Gospel Mission’s relevance to the community by remaining steadfast to God‘s purpose, the accomplishment of BGM’s mission and vision, and the accountability to its diverse guests.
The Executive Director oversees the responsibility for management and day-to-day operations, and has the authority to carry out these responsibilities, in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Executive Director and the Board. The Executive Director provides direction to the Board as it carries out its functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Open facility and greet current overnight staff and guests.
2. Oversee M-F morning chapel/Bible Study
3. Oversee meals which may include preparing, cooking, serving, cleaning up, managing inventory, and purchasing supplies.
4. Check with staff, resolving any conflicts, re-establishing safety, peace and order, by managing grievances with compassion and wisdom.
5. Maintaining grounds and equipment
6. Oversee housekeeping chores.
7. Oversee financial activities and secretarial duties.
8. Manage building repairs and maintenance.
9. Manage new guest requests and intake requirements.
10. Counsel current guests to evaluate their needs to see if and how the mission can best continue to help them.
11. Hospitably interact with all visitors and donors
12. Manage phone and email communications.
13. Provide BGM’s monthly newsletter publication requirements, which include communication article from the director or approved by him, basic layout insert ideas with any previously taken pictures, needs list, etc. and requirements for mailing.
14. Schedule Board meeting, prepare agenda, oversee meeting, provide lunch.
15. Organize and manage annual Community Christmas Dinner.
16. Regularly attend a local Church which agrees with our Statement of Faith.
1. A heart for God and for sharing His love with others is required and experience in a management position is preferred. As chief executive officer, this man demonstrates critical know-how in these broad categories: commitment to God‘s plan, understanding how God views success, able to inspire others, business savvy.
2. Understanding: He understands how God leads and guides and inspires others to help meet the needs of His mission.
3. Leading change: The chief executive possesses the skills and implements the functions of a leader. He shares BGM’s values, mission, and vision. He consistently displays integrity, models godly behavior, develops people, and builds teams. This individual deals effectively with demanding situations and designs and implements interventions.
4. Motivating: The chief executive manages change and transition while remaining stable in his convictions. This individual knows how to encourage and inspire others in Christ. He addresses the impact of attitude and action on BGM and its participants.
5. Business savvy: As BGM’s leader, this position requires an individual with knowledge of and experience in management and administration. The position requires demonstrated experience in integrating and coordinating diverse areas of management.
6. Knowledge in the following areas is required: Bible observation, interpretation, and application, finance and personnel; oral and written communications; planning and evaluation; and governance.
7. Experience in the field of compassion, not-for-profit management and governance, and community dealings is ideal.
8. A high level of trust in God’s leading is required to make formal, persuasive presentations to groups and to deal effectively with people from all segments of the community.
9. The individual must expect diversity and a wide range of faiths, beliefs, ideas, and experiences when dealing with guests and the community but must remain uncompromised and steadfast in presenting the truth and absolute final authority of the Bible.
Send following materials to: [email protected]
1. Application form: which includes your testimony of faith, ministry calling and general info about why you are suitable for this opening.
2. Current Resume: (Include: personal, family, work, and educational info)
3. 3 References: (2 from ministry leaders and 1 from non-family)
Download the application.